Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Leaving Home

Since I decided to listen to my friend Krista and create a blog before I start college (I'm leaving tomorrow, so I'm cutting it close), it only seems appropriate to begin by introducing myself and by trying to begin the new stage of my life that is creeping ever closer.



So hi! I'm Valerie. I'm eighteen years old and will be a freshman at Miami University in just a matter of days! No, my school is not in Florida, it's in Ohio. In fact, Miami University existed before Florida was even a state, so anyone who calls it a copycat of Miami, Florida, has no real base behind their argument.





One of my hobbies is photography, so do not be surprised if I occasionally have many photos on here! One aspect that drew me to Miami University was how beautiful it is, this is a picture that I took while I attended Freshman Orientation in June.

Although I'm nervous to start school, I'm also very excited. Living six hours away from home will definitely be something new for me. My mom will no longer be there to help me find something I've lost which ends up being in plain view; my dog Maggie will no longer be close by to hug. I'll adjust though, we all will, and hopefully college will meet up to all of the hype. 



This is a picture of my dog, Maggie, that I had mentioned before. Ever since we had to put down our other dog, Rascal, in February, she really has helped us all get through it. I'm going to miss her so much. I can already tell I'll be one of those students who misses her dog more than her family, and I'm perfectly okay with that! 

Anyway, I should probably go finish packing now and start filling up the car with all of my belongings, I am moving tomorrow, after all!





~ Valerie





1 comment:

  1. im sorry about rascal, have fun at miami U!! Good luck! keep up the photography

    ReplyDelete