Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Stress Control

I've been here for almost a week now! And I already had a near stress attack yesterday, but that is not unusual for me.

Monday, the first day of class, I didn't want to risk taking the bus, so I decided to leave early to make sure I'd get there on time. Typical me, I ended up arriving forty minutes early. Awkward Freshman problems.



At least it was a beautiful day to be outside and to be early for class!

One thing I have learned that is greatly different than high school is that a majority of students are early for class. Like more than a half an hour early. I always think I'm awkwardly early and will be the first one there but nope, I have yet to be first, which is fine with me!

My main stress happened yesterday because of my audition for the Miami University Symphony Orchestra. I think it went pretty well, but I can never help but freak out over auditions. I will definitely know by Friday if I made it though!







Though currently, I've controlled my easily stressed tendency and I'm up to date on my homework and I'm now hanging out with friends in their room eating some pizza we had delivered. We're waiting for the hall to envy us ;D

Anyway, the construction outside our dorm windows has been much more of an issue than we had originally anticipated. I was aware that it would cause us to walk even more out of the way than necessary, but they start working at six o'clock in the morning, so they wake us up. And the trucks sound like alarm clocks when they back up, so it's great. It's also great when trying to study. Oh, and did I mention that they're building three new dorm halls so that they won't be done until 2014? It's greatttt. Above is the lovely view from our room.

My mom is concerned that I'll get so wrapped up in studying that I won't have any fun or do anything else than worry about my grades, so she'd be happy to know that I'm not fulfilling my nerd tendencies and I am not doing homework right now. Besides, I only have one class tomorrow, so I'll have plenty of time! In the mean time, I think I'll just hang out with some of my new friends!

~ Valerie


No comments:

Post a Comment