Friday, September 7, 2012

Courseload

 What would a college experience be without plenty of Ramen noodles? My brother always figured that the college life was not complete without it, so clearly, he made sure it was included in my care package the other week. I finally got around to making some last weekend, which pleased my brother as well! Anyway, there's one typical college stereotype I have encountered.











As my primary news, I am glad to say that I dropped my BMZ (Botany, Microbiology, Zoology) course!!! I had not really considered dropping it before since I do not give up easily, but after going in for help a couple of times and realizing that passing the class would not be plausible for me, I decided that it was not worth it. That class was primarily filled with Pre-Med inclined students and I only took it because my Academic Adviser suggested it when I said I was interested in Zoology. Nonetheless, it is clear that Zoology is not my calling and I shall stick with Psychology for the time being. It is such a relief to be out though. It is similar to when you walk out of taking an AP test and you realize that all of that work and stress is finally over. Thank goodness.

After this decision, I realized I would only have 12 credit hours (the minimum to be considered a full-time student), so I decided to take up viola lessons since I would have much more time and plus, it is a two credit hour class. Those lessons will be pretty intense, but it cannot compare to the insanity that that BMZ class was to me.


Another interesting event is when my parents attempted to send me a credit card through the mail. After  almost a week of not receiving it in the mail, my dad realized that there were purchases on it, from the Miami University book store. Funny, since I did not have it, looks like someone else got it in their mail box by mistake and decided to take advantage. After my parents promptly cancelled the card, they sent me a new one. When Ashton and I went to check the mail on Wednesday, what do you know, both of them were in there. One envelope perfectly fine and one previously opened and severely crumpled up, but with the credit card inside. To me, it looks like someone opened it and crumpled it in the trash, but when they discovered the card was cancelled, they decided to send it to its rightful over. Either that or it got run over by a truck. I cannot really tell. Oh well, at least I finally have that problem credit card.

Until next time!


~ Valerie





No comments:

Post a Comment